Windy Twilley

Yarn keeps me from opening fire.

11.21.2006

Carnage

Vader's doggie door is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, he has not peed in the house since we moved. On the other hand, sometimes he takes our things on field trips:


This used to be a skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. Now it is a disaster. Vader is lucky that he didn't abduct the sweater I was working on with the aforementioned Thick & Quick, or I might have unraveled him.

Other things he has taken outside - several pairs of my underwear, a snack pack of Oreo cookies, which he unwrapped before eating, a stuffed lobster, a pair of my shoes, his retractable leash, and an Elmore Leonard novel.

How did these critters ever survive in the wild long enough for us to domesticate them?

I have put aside the garter-stitch jacket and hat for now. Todd's cousin is having a baby in May, and I want to make something special for him/her. I'm making this in a grass green (KnitPicks Shine Sport in Grass, to be precise), so it's not overtly feminine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Ah, but does Vader eat WOOD?

5:35 PM  
Blogger Windy said...

Alas, Vader does eat wood. I bought a set of four schoolhouse-style chairs at a flea market, and painted them cherry red. He's gnawed on ALL of the slats between the legs. It's reverse carnage - the pale wood wound on a blood-red item.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home